Available Track

• :) I am an American and have been living in Germany for 9 years. I am an avid train collector in O-Gauge Trains 1:48 and have been interested in Slot Cars for a long time. I have finally purchased a beginners set (Carrera GO X-Men) to get my feet wet and build a small collection before I return home to Alaska. I am interested in building a 'layout' with more then 2 lanes. What do I need to know about the track (especially the curves and the difference in Radii? Also, is there some type of layout planning manual or software available? I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks and I wish all forum members a Happy New Year!

• hi fastjake,

and welcome to the go!-forum.

Zitat

Also, is there some type of layout planning manual or software available?

there are several programs, one I can recommend is "Slotman". You can't use crossings and points, but it's free and you can also see the radii in the program. you'll find an english version here:

http://www.slotcarmanager.de/en/all_frames_e.html

there are curves with radius 1 and 2, so you can build a 4-lane-track. The outer curves for lane 3 and 4 are called "Kurve 2" or "K2/45°".
    on Joe Go's site, there is all the technical data you're looking for. his site is a bit like the "Carrera GO!"-bible.

http://www.carrera.compakt.eu/index.php?id=19

cheers,

hereandthere

• Thank you for the prompt answers. I do have another question: I have like many other people some experience in the HO variety of Slot Cars (Aurora and Tyco) and 1/24 Strombecker. The track from these manufacturers have mounting points when you want to mout the track (semi permanently or permanently) on a platform. Is there any kind of fastening point for the Carrera track? I also have been checking Ebay and some other links for the GO system of track and have only been successful in finding the 2/45 'Ausbau' track. No signs of 3/45 or 4/45 to extend to 8 lanes. Is this older or yet to be manufactured (what exactly is the availability of this track)? Thank you again for your answers.

• hi,

no, unfortunately there are no such things as fastening points. most of us use screws.

Zitat

No signs of 3/45 or 4/45 to extend to 8 lanes.

that's what we all are looking for, too. since the system is only 5 years old now, there aren's any bigger radii than the 2/45 yet. we hope the 3/45 will come in a few years, but none of us know exactly if and when.

cheers,

björn

• I usually fix the track with one screw at each ending, approx. 1 inch from the edge, but it may be helpful to fix each track tile with two screws to have them fixed even on the underground. it is helpful to put some carpet under the track, otherwise it may be quite noisy, e.g. if you put the track on wood.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!